Getting Buffed (Gamer Prepares for a Big Battle)
|Getting Buffed (Gamer Prepares for a Big Battle)|
Getting Buffed (Gamer Prepares for a Big Battle) Thumbnail
|Date Released||April 1, 2019|
|Game||Games in General|
Getting Buffed (Gamer Prepares for a Big Battle) is a sketch about consumable items, player buffs and the anticipation before a boss fight.
Description: "A video game protagonist uses every item he has in preparation for the big boss battle."
|Joey Basham||Player Character|
The sketch begins with the player hiding behind a tree, preparing for an upcoming boss battle by using multiple consumable items and other buffs. This sequence is quite long, taking up the majority of the sketch and containing multiple references to many games.
After getting buffed, the hero runs towards the boss. Before he can attack, however, two black bars appear at the top and bottom of the screen, signaling a cutscene. The player cautiously asks if they're going to fight after it, but the boss simply ignores him, gives a speech, and disappears. Exasperated, the hero kills himself in order to reload his previous save file.
The sketch ends.
- The cry for medic, the healing stream and the sandwich were references to Team Fortress 2.
- The golden apple is from Minecraft.
- The pixelated green item is the Dubious Food from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- The red heart is probably a reference to The Legend of Zelda's Heart Canisters.
- The health dispenser that appears from the tree is from Half-Life.
- The "item circle" and the star at the top-right corner of the screen were references to Mario Kart.