FTL: Use the Doors
|FTL: Use the Doors|
FTL: Use the Doors Thumbnail
|Date Released||December 7, 2015|
|Game||FTL: Faster Than Light|
Use the Doors is a sketch exploring the power of utilizing spaceship doors in solving problems in the game Faster than Light.
Description: "The Doors can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
|Kyle Sullivan||Space "Explorer"|
|James Bowman||Jerry/Luke Skywalker|
FTL: Use the Doors starts with Jerry being renamed to "Luke Skywalker," after Kyle states that Jerry's contract allows Sullivan to rename him to whatever he feels like. Quickly, Luke notifies Kyle that there are "possibly" hostile ships nearby. He says that they were not receiving any communications, and shot at them. Kyle remarks saying that that is "the standard intergalactic greeting, of course," and tells his crew to get to their stations and stay alert, as there's no time for distractions. Suddenly, a fire breaks out in the engine room and Luke starts to put it out with a fire extinguisher, though Kyle stops him and tells him to open the airlocks instead.
Luke then informs Kyle that enemies have boarded the ship, and suggests shooting them with his gun. Kyle, on the other hand, has other ideas and tells his crew to get to the med-bay and hook themselves to an IV, while opening the rest of the doors. The crew members barely make it out alive, with the exception of Tony who died in the fight. Kyle goes on about the powers of the doors and how whoever controls the doors controls space itself. However, the enemy ship is still attacking them and they need to take action. Luke sarcastically suggests to teleport onto their ship and open all their doors. Kyle tells Luke he's brilliant and promotes him as he was just going to shoot them with rockets. Luke ignores Kyle's command and heads over to weapons control to shoot the enemy ship with rockets. The doors on the ship, however, are still open and he slowly suffocates to death.
The sketch ends.
- Kyle gets distracted by his drink right after he tells everyone to be alert.
- The mug Kyle is holding is a White Lightning HQ mug that used to be sold from the Door Monster, which was White Lightning HQ at the time, store.
- Changing Jerry's name to Luke Skywalker is a reference to how you can change the name of any crew member at anytime in the game.
- Opening the airlocks in FTL is a safer and more efficient method for removing fire and invaders.
- The med-bay in FTL heals whoever is inside it as long as they're in the room.
References To This Sketch
- In the sketch Self-Fulfilling Idiocy 3, Kyle (The Doctor) uses the Tardis to transport into this Kyle's ship. The Doctor (Kyle) says "Disabled his doors, so that one is dead."